Beacon Cove Dental is bringing Six Month Braces to Port Melbourne and we are among the first practices in Australia to have this exciting new system.
Our dentists have obtained years of advanced training in Orthodontics, allowing us to confidently provide a range of options that suit your needs.
Six Month Braces is a cosmetic braces system designed to gently straighten and align teeth in an average time of six months. The system is perfect for adults with gaps, overlapping teeth or crowding and are just looking at correcting the appearance of their smile.
The braces are almost invisible and are more comfortable than traditional braces. If you are interested in having a straight smile before your next dental cleaning, or any other event that you know is coming up in the next six to 12 months, then contact us for a consultation to see if you are a candidate.
Generally all treatment is completed in seven to ten short appointments.
- Consultation – This is a discussion about what you want to change about your smile, an opportunity to see before and after pictures along with asking any questions you may have.
- Orthodontic Records – We gather records so that we can thoroughly plan your treatment, this includes photos, xrays and impressions of your teeth.
- Braces Placement – In this session we answer any final questions and then place the braces and archwire. This is a straightforward procedure that we guide you through, after the archwire is placed we will inform you about cleaning procedures and general care.
- Adjustment Appointments – These series of appointments allow us to gently adjust your braces and the archwire to ensure a successful result. Elastic o-rings are changed and cleaning done to keep your teeth looking great. When you are happy with the adjustments, a final large archwire is placed to finalise the teeth position.
- Final Impression – When your teeth are settled in their final positions, we take an impression in order to make a retainer.
- Braces Off – This is the exciting part, we remove your braces, a painless and quick procedure. We then polish your teeth to give them the highest possible smoothness. Retainers are then fitted to ensure the long term stability of your final smile. We will inform you how to clean your retainer and answer any questions you may have.
- Retainer Check – We will carefully examine your retainer and tooth positions and make any needed modifications. The goal of this treatment is long term stability and the retainer check appointment will help us achieve this.
- Other Cosmetic Services – Treatments such as Whitening and other cosmetic services can now be scheduled if you wish.
Six Month Braces are surprisingly comfortable since they use lower forces than traditional braces. The founder, Dr. DePaul says “people usually think that we just ‘tighten’ the braces to aggressively move teeth more quickly, but those high forces would actually slow down tooth movement. The Powerprox Six Month Braces® technique is a low force technique that gently and safely moves the teeth to the desired position.”
In addition to being faster than traditional braces, six month braces are also less expensive. The fee for the Powerprox Six Month Braces® technique is less expensive than traditional braces.
Other advantages to using this technique include: having your teeth look more natural than with bonding, veneers, or crowns and healthier gums, since straight teeth are easier to clean than crowded teeth.
One of the greatest benefits of the Powerprox Six Month Braces® technique is the improved self-esteem and self-confidence that patients experience with straight teeth and a beautiful smile.