Implants are often used to replace missing teeth,
gaps, and poorly fitting dentures.
The bone grows and bonds to the implant, making the implant very strong and long lasting.
We only use the highest quality implant systems and materials that are proven to last.
Nobel BioCare Implants
Dr Fern White has found Nobel Biocare to offer a wide range of options and the latest advancements in implant technology. Nobel Biocare has a forty-year history of success stories using dental implants and dental crowns, and leads the dental implant market.
International Masters Degree University of California
Dr Fern White has completed many additional courses in Dental Implantology including a world renowned Masters Degree held in Europe and the USA, training with the best Implant Specialists in the world. Bringing her skills back to Port Melbourne has meant that all patients can benefit from the most modern and clinically proven methods of implanting, no matter your particular situation. Although any General Dentist with basic training is permitted to consult in this area, Dental Implants are very complex are require advanced training to reduce risks and ensure great results. Patients need to be confident that they are receiving the most advanced treatment, using evidence-based techniques and quality materials that will last. Modern surgical techniques are used to ensure the jaw bone that implants are being placed into is strong. Implants need to be able to deal with the forces of chewing just as well as your natural teeth. Being trained in Orthodontics (Teeth Straightening) allows Dr Fern White to ensure a great result for your entire smile, not just the individual implant.
Common Questions and Answers
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant is a small titanium screw that serves as the replacement for the root portion of a missing natural tooth. Dental implants can be placed in either the upper or lower jaws. Due to the biocompatible properties of titanium, a dental implant fuses with the bone and becomes a good anchor for the replacement tooth. Dental implants can be used in solutions for replacing single or multiple missing teeth.
Why dental implants? There are a number of reasons why you should consider a dental implant:
- Without the root structure of a natural tooth present, the jawbone can shrink. This shrinkage will make your face look older than it is.
- There are no loose parts to worry about losing. The dental implant is stable and comfortable. No adjustment is needed after placement. Normally, it will serve its owner for life.
Will dental implants work for me?
Anyone who is missing one or more teeth due to injury, disease or tooth decay may be a candidate for dental implants. The determining factor is the amount of available bone. Your dentist is the best person to evaluate whether dental implants are a viable solution for you.
What are the advantages of dental implants over dentures or a dental bridge?
- Improved appearance: When you lose the entire tooth – crown and root – shrinkage of the jawbone may cause your face to look older. Dental implants can stop this process. A traditional denture or dental bridge doesn’t.
- Preserve natural teeth: With traditional dental bridges, teeth adjacent to missing teeth are normally ground down to be used as anchors for a dental bridge. Dental implants often eliminate the need to modify healthy teeth.
- Permanent solution: There are no loose parts to worry about losing. The dental implant is stable and comfortable. No adjustment is need after placement. Normally, it will serve its owner for life.
Will my new teeth look natural?
When dental implants are used in combination with modern restorative dentistry, their appearance, comfort and function are very likely to exceed your expectations. Often they are hard to tell apart from your natural teeth.